Sunday, February 12, 2017

Different Dimension ~ Always look for Lights in the Darkness and The Sun will still Rise



Today I’m going to show you two different polishes. They’re both store exclusives for Mei Mei’s Signatures. They are also both the result of a photo inspiration competition. The quest was to submit one of your photos and tell the story behind it. Mei Mei and Missy from Different Dimension would then chose two pictures and use them as inspiration pictures for two new polishes.

These two polishes are the result of the competition:

The Sun will still Rise & Always look for Lights in the Darkness
Let’s take a closer look at them.  

Different Dimension ~ Always look for Lights in the Darkness
Black jelly polish with red galaxy holographic microglitters and holographic microflakies

First one up is the polish that was made from my picture. My picture was this one:


I wrote: “I took this picture a couple of weeks ago. It's a display of trees with red lamps under them. There is one thing I like about winter; and this picture represents it: There are always lights in the darkness”.

The picture and the text combined turned into this polish:


Formula easy to work with, covers in two coats and the drying time is really good. 


Here’s a picture in the lightbox to show off all the pretty microflakies.



Different Dimension ~ The Sun will still Rise
Grey crelly multichrome that shifts pink to copper to green with holographic microflakies

Christine Calabria from Mindlessswirl took this picture. She kindly gave me permission to use it in this blog post.


She wrote: “This was the sky the day before Thanksgiving at the beach. It was the day my fiance lost his job. The orange sun showing through the gray clouds told me that things were going to be ok, that the sun would still shine”.

Picture + text = this polish:


This is also two easy and fast drying coats. I didn’t experience any trouble with this polish either.


This last picture is taken in ordinary daylight. I do see the copper and green in the bottle but on my nails it shows up as a pink glow.


I received this set of polishes as a prize for submitting my picture and my little story behind the photo.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Jelly with holo microglitter and flakies
Overall impression: Great polishes both of them
Buy again: I would

14 comments: