Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Yves Saint Laurent ~ #32



Yves Saint Laurent ~ #32
Magenta with silver shimmer

This is my first and only YSL polish and the only reason I got it is that I found it in a blog sale for $4! :D It’s a beautiful magenta loaded with shimmer, it’s absolutely gorgeous.

The formula is a bit thin but it builds up easily in two coats. The drying time is good. The bottle is high (or long) which means the brush is really long too. It took a minute to learn how to handle such a long brush. I managed fine though.

Here’s two coats and no topcoat.


I added glitter because I was in the mood for it and because I love glitter. I applied a single coat of Fanatica #818, which I bought in Germany. It’s a clear base with blue and magenta glitter and hexes in various sizes, it’s beautiful. I applied a fairly thick coats of the glitter – and the drying time was on the slow side because of the thick coat. Next time I think I add two thinner coats.

I sealed it all with fast drying topcoat and this is my final mani.


I just love the look of this.


Here are the bottles. It’s obvious that the YSL was used when I bought it.


Do you also love shimmers and glitters, or do you prefer crème polishes?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Good quality polish, cool colour and finish
Buy again: Yes, but not at full price

6 comments:

  1. How pretty the colour combination! I like the contrast! Smuack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the polish and i dont have any from this brand..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my only one as well, I don't think I want to pay full price for the brand :) I like it though :)

      Delete
  3. What a great combo with the glitter you did!

    ReplyDelete