Tuesday, February 14, 2017

OPI ~ Embarca-Dare Ya with KBShimmer ~ Candy Cane Crush



OPI ~ Embarca-Dare Ya with KBShimmer ~ Candy Cane Crush
Magenta shimmer

Embarca-Dare Ya is from the San Fransisco collection from Autumn 2013. I only bought it recently so it hasn’t been sitting in a box here for over three years, haha!

The formula is really good and easy to work with. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time was really good.

This polish has a touch of duochrome to it. I couldn’t catch it on camera and it’s very subtle in real life too, but it is definitely there.

This is two coats and no topcoat taken in daylight.


I was in a hurry that day and there was no time for nail art. Glittah to the rescue! I applied a layer of KBShimmer’s Candy Cane Crush, which is a clear base packed with red and white glitter and hexes in various sizes. I think it’s from 2012, but again, I only bought it recently. It’s scented too, it’s smells of peppermint, even after being topcoated.

I applied a single coat of Candy Cane Crush over Embarca-Dare Ya. The glitter is so dense that I actually made sure to only get this amount of glitter on my nails.

This is my final mani, including a protective layer of topcoat. 


Here are the two polish sisters:


This mani was so fast to do and I love the final result. I love glitter and am glad I eventually got this one. I don’t usually care for scented polishes but I like the smell of this one.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Shimmer (with a slight duochromatic effect)
Overall impression: Beautiful colour, good formula
Buy again: Yes

3 comments: