Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Nabi ~ Purple


Nabi ~ Purple
Magenta/purple scattered holo

Today’s polish is another oldie. Nabi made a series of scattered holographic polishes a long while ago. I bought this bottle on ebay as far as I remember.

“Purple” can either be described as an intense magenta or a red toned purple.
I used two coats of polish for full opacity. It’s a polish that would prefer a water based base coat but I didn’t use that and was happy with the result anyway. The drying time is good.

The colour of this polish intensifies a lot when you add topcoat. It’s like it’s a completely other colour when the topcoat goes on. It’s a bleeder too, which means that it will change the colour of any polish you put on top of it. I already knew this so I tried to avoid this by adding a layer of topcoat before I stamped on it. It didn’t help at all though, the polish still bled through it all.

The design is from the stamping plate “JQ-L01” and I stamped with El Corazón’s stamping polish “Orchid”.

Here’s the end result in the sun.

Nabi ~ Purple

And this is “Purple” on its own; two coats and a layer of topcoat.

Nabi ~ Purple

Here are the polishes.


“Purple” seems to intensity its colour over time. I’m writing this a couple of hours after I did these nails and when I look at them now, they seem way darker than when I did them. Now I wouldn’t call them magenta anymore; now they’re definitely a redtoned purple. It’s funny that! It’s a lovely colour no matter what!



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Scattered holo
Overall impression: I love the colour. It’s a pretty unpredictable polish though, that changes as you apply nail art and/or topcoat
Buy again: I would

6 comments: