Saturday, March 2, 2019

China Glaze ~ Let Your Twilight Sparkle

China Glaze ~ Let Your Twilight Sparkle
Sheer blue base with iridescent flecks that are primarily blue with shifts of violet and pink

I was browsing through my box of untrieds and realized that I buy more toppers than I actually wear. I love a good shimmer/fleck topper, I think they’re amazing. I just don’t use them often enough because I tend to buy polishes that have some sort of effect themselves.

Today I decided to wear “Let Your Twilight Sparkle” from China Glaze. It’s from the “My Little Pony” collection from Summer 2017.

I started out with a vibrant blue base: “Frostbite”, also from China Glaze. I applied one layer of the topper over it and it was absolutely gorgeous!

I added a few star stickers, topped it with topcoat, ét voila: My manicure was done. Here it is:

China Glaze ~ Let Your Twilight Sparkle

It was really hard to catch the pinkness in the shimmer, but I can assure you that it wasn’t hard to see in real life. It’s a great topper!

China Glaze ~ Let Your Twilight Sparkle

Here’s a layer of “Let Your Twilight Sparkle” over “Frostbite”. The pink shimmer shows itself here.

China Glaze ~ Let Your Twilight Sparkle
China Glaze ~ Let Your Twilight Sparkle

Here are the two polish I used.

China Glaze: Frostbite and Let Your Twilight Sparkle
China Glaze: Frostbite and Let Your Twilight Sparkle

I seriously need to use my toppers more. They look great, also over shimmer polishes.



Number of coats: 1 over a coloured base
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer/fleck
Overall impression: Great effect polish, good over a variety of base colours
Buy again: Yes

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks great! I don't buy toppers, because I don't use them often ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to both of them, I love them! :-)

    ReplyDelete