Monday, April 15, 2019

Essie ~ Roses Are Red & You’re So Cupid


Essie ~ Roses Are Red & You’re So Cupid
Red with microglitter & red, white and pink multisized glitter and hexagons

Today’s polishes are from Essie’s Valentine’s collection from February 2019.

I started out with “Roses Are Red”, which is a lovely dark red with red microglitter. I used three coats for full opacity, which surprised me somewhat. The drying time is good though.

I added “You’re So Cupid”, which is a lovely mix of red, white and pink multisized glitters and hexes. I added a single coat, which was easy to apply.

I topped it with topcoat and my manicure was ready.

Here it is:

Essie ~ Roses Are Red & You’re So Cupid
Essie ~ Roses Are Red & You’re So Cupid

The big hexes are bigger than I usually prefer but I must admit that I absolutely love it. I think they’re perfect.

Essie ~ Roses Are Red & You’re So Cupid
Essie ~ Roses Are Red & You’re So Cupid

This is “Roses Are Red” alone; three coats and no topcoat yet. I really needs topcoat for the microglitter to pop.

Essie ~ Roses Are Red
Essie ~ Roses Are Red

Here are the two polishes I used.

Essie ~ Roses Are Red & You’re So Cupid
Essie ~ Roses Are Red & You’re So Cupid

I love both these polishes, although I’m a bit disappointed over the fact that “Roses Are Red” is a three coater. But hey ho, it’s pretty, so I’ll survive the extra coat :D



Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Microglitter / Glitter
Overall impression: Great polishes both of them
Buy again: Yes to both

1 comment:

  1. “Roses Are Red” is really nice and rich alone, but the manicure becomes perfect after using "You’re So Cupid" :-)

    ReplyDelete