Sunday, May 12, 2019

Essence ~ Ultra Violet with Kiko Candy Split #002

Essence ~ Ultra Violet with Kiko Candy Split #002

Today I was in the mood for purple and I knew which one I wanted to wear. "Ultra Violet" from Essence is a really gorgeous shimmery purple. Great formula, great coverage, good drying time, amazing price. I can't say anything bad about this little gem of a polish.

Two coats is what it takes to achieve full opacity and as I said, the drying time is good.

I added a little bit of glitter before I stamped on it. The baby pink micro glitter is from Kiko's collection of Candy Splits. It's a collection of microglitters in a clear base. They do work on their own in 2-3 coats depending on length of nails and application but today I wanted to wear it as a topper. I added one coat and made sure that I didn't get very much glitter on the brush for each nail. I didn't want to overwhelm the purple base colour.

The stamp is from the stamping plate BP-L013. I stamped with a pink/lavender unnamed stamping polish from Born Pretty Store.

Here's the final result including topcoat.

Essence ~ Ultra Violet with Kiko Candy Split #002

I really like this combination of effects and colour.


This is two coats of "Ultra Violet" on its own and a thin layer of Candy Splits #002.

Essence ~ Ultra Violet with Kiko Candy Split #002
Essence ~ Ultra Violet with Kiko Candy Split #002

And this is two coats of "Ultra Violet" alone, no topcoat yet. Look at that gorgeous shimmer in it!

Essence ~ Ultra Violet
Essence ~ Ultra Violet

Here are the things I used today.




Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer and microgiltter
Overall impression: I love all the polishes I used today
Buy again: Yes to everything

1 comment:

  1. Really, really nice, both polishes! I think that Candy Split is the only Kiko series that I skipped completely... I really don't know why and I'm a bit sorry for this... :-/

    ReplyDelete