Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Orly ~ Glass Half Full


Orly ~ Glass Half Full
Sky blue subtle shimmer

“Glass Half Full” is from Orly’s “Radical Optimism” collection from Spring 2019. It’s a collection of six pastel polishes and I only bought this one. I’m not usually into pastels but this one is a very lovely blue.

The formula is great and easy to work with. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time is good. The shimmer is so subtle that it doesn’t really show up on the nails, which is a shame. The colour is really lovely.

I dapped a bit of glitter on it before I stamped on it. I used Essie’s “Galentines”, which I showed you yesterday.

The stamp is from the stamping plate “Born Pretty – Artist – L003”. I stamped with “B. a lilac sweater” from Colour Alike. I topped it with topcoat to seal it all up.

Here’s the final manicure in daylight.

Orly ~ Glass Half Full

Here’s the same thing under a lamp to show the stamping better.

Orly ~ Glass Half Full

This is “Glass Half Full” alone; two coats and no topcoat yet.

Orly ~ Glass Half Full
Orly ~ Glass Half Full

These are the things I used today.


I really like the end result, I think it’s super cool. I like stamping over glitter!



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Very subtle shimmer
Overall impression: Beautiful colour, nice formula, good drying time. I like it.
Buy again: Yes

1 comment:

  1. I like pastels and this shade of pastel blue is beautiful, I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete