Thursday, January 9, 2020

Born Pretty store gel polish: Base coat, color coat, topcoat


Born Pretty store gel polish: Base coat, color coat, topcoat

Born Pretty Store has sent me some gel nail polish to try out.

Today I'm going to test their base coat, topped with the gel polish "Romantic Starry Sky", and sealed up with their gel top coat.

This is the set: 



Here are the links to the polishes:


I tried the set on a nail stick today. The formula of both base and top is really good and easy to apply. The coloured gel has a more thick formula and can be a bit difficult to apply in a thin coat. I managed though, and I used two coats for full opacity. Each layer was cured in my LED lamp for 30 seconds. The topcoat is a no wipe topcoat.

Here's what it all look like. The glitter is really pretty and I like the colour too.



 Isn't it pretty?


I applied silver stars on it and applied an extra layer of the topcoat. The extra layer made the stickers feel completely flat.


Look at that!



The verdict:

Pros:
Great formula of base and topcoat
Thick, covering formula of the coloured base
Very pretty colour and effect
Good drying time (30 secs in LED lamp)

Cons:
None



BornPrettyStore has got free worldwide shipping, and is offering my readers a 10% discount. All you have to do is to use the code JCJ61 when you check out. 

6 comments:

  1. It is nice and glittery. :-D

    Don't you wear gels polishes either? I don't own any and no lamp! Only the 'gel-like' polishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I only wear gel when I go on holidays. I love changing my nail polish often - and my nails grow really fast! :D

      Delete
    2. My problem too! I change often and mine grow at an amazing rate too, very grateful of this lol! Haha I have found a few polishes that I wear on holiday, my go to polishes so to speak! Couple of the Moyra textures.

      Delete
    3. Moyra makes great polishes, I like those too! :)
      I sometimes wear a layer of gel base coat under my regular polish when I go on holidays. It seems to make it last a couple of days longer :D

      Delete
  2. Yesterday I published a post with 4 colours from BP UV Glitter Gel Series (also I got them for review) and one of them is "Romantic Starry Sky" :-) Yes, it's very nice and glittery! :-) In one of my next posts I will publish some swatches of it and a manicure made on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it - it looks so beautiful on you! ♥

      Delete