Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Pahlish ~ Sunset Firefly


Pahlish ~ Sunset Firefly
Rich royal purple base with a mix of red, orange, pink and violet iridescent flakes

"Sunset Firefly" is part of "For The Love Of Polish"-box for November 2019.

The formula of "Sunset Firefly" is a typical jelly in order to allow the beautiful flakes to show off. Some of you might already know that I am not a fan of jellies. The first coat went on and it was very sheer. The second coat helped  but it did require a third coat to look really good.

Let me show you. Here's three coats and a layer of topcoat.

Pahlish ~ Sunset Firefly
Pahlish ~ Sunset Firefly

The colour is amazing and so are the flakes.

Pahlish ~ Sunset Firefly
Pahlish ~ Sunset Firefly

I wore it like that because I didn't know what to do with it, and more importantly because I wanted this beauty to shine on its own.


I expected this polish to be my favourite of the "For The Love Of Polish"-box for November 2019. The colour combination is so beautiful. But the three coats didn't impress me, and I know it isn't fair to the polish because like I said: It needs to be a jelly in order for the flakies to not drown.



Links to the other two polishes in the box:


All these three polishes were limited edition and are no longer available.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Jelly with flakes
Overall impression: Great colour and flakes
Buy again: Hmm... Yes because of the colour

4 comments: