Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Essie: Talk Sweet To Me


Essie: Talk Sweet To Me
Pink crème

"Talk Sweet To Me" is yet another polish from Essie's 2020 Valentine Collection. It's a collection of six polishes of which I bought four. "Talk Sweet To Me" is the third I try on.

The formula is on the thick side and covers really well. In fact, it's a one coater. I did apply a second coat to see if it made a difference, but it didn't really.

I topped it with a layer of one of Essie's 2019 Valentine Collection polishes: "Sparkles Between Us", which is a mix of white and pink glitter and hexes.

The stamping design is from the stamping plate "ShopAnts XL-006" and I stamped with Colour Alike's "B. a Rudolph".

Here's my end result of the day:

Essie: Talk Sweet To Me & Sparkles Between Us

I think it looks pretty cool when you stamp over a glitter topper.

Essie: Talk Sweet To Me & Sparkles Between Us

Here's what I stamped over. Two coats of "Talk Sweet To Me" with one coat of "Sparkles Between Us" on top.

Essie: Talk Sweet To Me & Sparkles Between Us
Essie: Talk Sweet To Me & Sparkles Between Us

And this is "Talk Sweet To Me" alone; two coats and no topcoat yet.


These are the things I used today.


There was a time where I wasn't the biggest Essie fan. I think they have stepped up their game a bit with a variety of finishes and I really like that. I even liked it enough to actually buy a crème!


Number of coats: 2 but 1 would have been enough
Drying time: Good
Finish: Crème
Overall impression: Nice colour, think formula but still easy to work with
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. Nice pink and yah for a one coater. We all love a one coater huh! Great pattern too :-D

    Still only own one Essie but seen a few I fancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My view on Essie has changed a lot over the last year or so :D

      Delete
  2. "Talk Sweet To Me" is a very sweet shade, surprisingly it's almost a "one-coater" and thats awesome! Definitely a great base for everything like stamping, free-hand nail art, or just a pretty topper with some micro particles! I like also your final manicure, those colours match perfectly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really positively surprised with the quality of this Essie, it's amazing. And thank you ♥

      Delete