Sunday, October 25, 2020

Claire's: #13435 Purple Holo Glitz

Claire's: #13435 Purple Holo Glitz
Sheer purple base with heavy golden shimmer

I thought "Purple Holo Glitz" was a polish that would work on its own, but it turns out that it's a topper. The purple base is so sheer that it doesn't transfer onto the nails at all.

I didn't know it was a topper though so I tried to make it work on its own. I used three coats for my nails today and I still had visible nail lines. The drying time was good.

Let me show you what three coats of "Purple Holo Glitz" look like in daylight:

Claire's: #13435 Purple Holo Glitz
Claire's: #13435 Purple Holo Glitz


The shimmer is quite amazing! But I don't really like it on its own.

My plan was originally to make a purple line down the middle of each nail. That didn't look fantastic though so I decided to outline the purple line with pink lines. That didn't do the trick either so I outlined the pink lines with purple lines. And since I wasn't happy with that either, I outlined the purple lines with pink lines. And now the original base colour was completely covered! Oh well - here's what it looked like:


Here are the polishes I used:

Emily de Molly "Illumine", Claire's #13435 "Purple Holo Glitz", W7 "Electra"
Emily de Molly "Illumine", Claire's #13435 "Purple Holo Glitz", W7 "Electra"

I won't use "Purple Holo Glitz" on its own again; next time I'll use it as a topper.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Heavy shimmer
Overall impression: Really nice shimmer, good drying time
Buy again: Not sure

2 comments: