Saturday, October 24, 2020

Topshelf Lacquer: Shark Attack!

Topshelf Lacquer: Shark Attack!
Described as a blurple base color with linear holo finish; red, blue and color shifting flakes; and a glass fleck shifting shimmer that shifts from turquoise to purple

"Shark Attack!" is from the Polish Pickup group from September 2018. I only bought my bottle recently. It's a gorgeous blurple loaded with flakes and shimmer, not to mention that it's a linear holo. What's not to love about that?

The formula is good but you don't want to use too many brush strokes per nail because then you'll drag the existing polish right off. I ended up using three layers of polish but I am sure that I could have got away with two if I had known the tip about the fewer brush strokes to begin with. The drying time was good.

I didn't quite know what to do with it because I didn't want to cover it up too much. I considered a discrete stamp but ended up with a small sticker by the base of each nail instead.

Here's the final result, including a layer of topcoat. The photo is taken with flash.

Topshelf Lacquer: Shark Attack!
Topshelf Lacquer: Shark Attack!

This is the same thing under a lamp.

Topshelf Lacquer: Shark Attack!
Topshelf Lacquer: Shark Attack!

And here's "Shark Attack!" on its own; it's three layers and no topcoat. The photo is taken in the sun.

Topshelf Lacquer: Shark Attack!
Topshelf Lacquer: Shark Attack!

Now isn't that just a gorgeous polish?

"Shark Attack!" was limited edition and is no longer available.



Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Holo/shimmer/flakie
Overall impression: Wow, this polish has got a lot going on and I love it!
Buy again: Yes

6 comments: