Monday, July 23, 2018

American Apparel ~ Neon Violet


American Apparel ~ Neon Violet
Neon purple crème

It’s sunshine here and it calls for bright colours. I looked into a drawer of the Helmer and saw this gem of a neon purple polish: “Neon Violet”. A quick search on the blog reveals that I’ve only worn it once before, and that was in November 2012. It’s time for the polish to shine again for two reasons:

Most importantly because it’s a beautiful colour but also because I’m much better at taking pictures of it now than I was almost 6 years ago!

The formula is good and fast drying. That means you have to work relatively fast to get a pretty result. I used two fast coats for my manicure :D

The stamp is from one of my favourite stamping plates: “BP-L003”. I stamped with El Corazón’s stamping polish “Blue Neon”.

I topped it with a layer of “Northern Lights” holo glitter topcoat from Out the Door.

This is what it all ended up looking like. The photo is taken in the sun.

American Apparel ~ Neon Violet

Here’s a photo taken in the lightbox.

American Apparel ~ Neon Violet

And this is “Neon Violet” alone. Two coats and no topcoat. The polish dries up to a semi matte finish.

American Apparel ~ Neon Violet

Here are the things I used today.


“Neon Violet” is a super pretty polish, I really like the colour of it. What a gem!

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Crème
Overall impression: What a great colour! I like this polish a lot.
Buy again: Yes

3 comments:

  1. Well....this is perfection!!! You have to do my mani too...are ages that I do not apply nail polish on my nails....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to! I am sure we would have tons of fun doing them :D

      Delete
  2. Really eye-catching, I like also this unusual finish it has :-)

    ReplyDelete