Thursday, July 4, 2019

Barry M ~ Electric Eel - in a smoosh manicure


Barry M ~ Electric Eel - in a smoosh manicure
Light blue with green shimmer

I think that "Electric Eel" is made to be a shimmer topper, but I didn't realize that before I applied the first coat. I decided to make it into a smoosh manicure.

So: I started out with two coats of "Electric Eel". It didn't cover perfectly, but since I was going to smoosh over it, I left it at two coats.

I dripped three different colours of polish onto my silicone mat.
I used:
Magenta shimmer: Golden Rose #51
Turquoise shimmer: Golden Rose #39
White crème: El Corazón Iron Hard #418/1

I smooshed the colours onto the nails with my stamper, and after that I applied a couple of pretty stickers. Then I topcoated it all and here's what it ended up looking like.


I like the colour combination here.


This is Barry M's "Electric Eel" alone. Two coats and no topcoat. I would have applied an extra coat if I should have worn it alone.

Barry M ~ Electric Eel
Barry M ~ Electric Eel

Here are all the things I used today.


I like shimmer toppers but I honestly didn't think that "Electric Eel" was a topper. Never mind, it's pretty.


Number of coats: At least 3 if worn alone, 1 as a topper
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Nice shimmer
Buy again: Yes

2 comments:

  1. Great smoosh manicure, I like the combination of colours, it looks really great! :-)

    ReplyDelete