Friday, February 7, 2020

Essie ~ Let It Bow


Essie ~ Let It Bow
Cool white crisp

"Let It Bow" is from Essie's Winter 2019 collection. It's a collection of 6 polishes and I bought them all. There will be links to them all by the end of the posts as they are being published on my blog.

The formula is good and easy to work with. I decided to layer "Let It Bow" over white on my pinkie and my ring finger - and to use it on its own on the remaining three fingers - just to see the difference.

I used two coats over white and three coats of "Let It Bow" alone. The nails where I layered it over white were definitely more "crisp" than the three other nails, but I was also very pleased with the result on the other nails.

I dapped a bit of glitter over it, because glitter on glitter is just beautiful. I used Claire's "Freaky Deaky" for that. It's a mix of black and pink glitter in various sizes. I added pink snowflakes to the mix. The snowflakes are nail stickers and such an easy and great way to decorate your nails.

Here's the final result, including a layer of topcoat to seal it all up.

Essie ~ Let It Bow
Essie ~ Let It Bow

Isn't this just pretty? I think the pink compliments the iridescent glitter in "Let It Bow" really well.

Essie ~ Let It Bow
Essie ~ Let It Bow

Here's "Let It Bow" on it's own, two coats over white on the pinkie and the ring finger, and three coats on the middle finger and the pointer.

Essie ~ Let It Bow
Essie ~ Let It Bow

Here's the stuff I used today.


"Let It Bow" is super pretty and I really like it, especially over white.


And here are the links to the other polishes in the collection:




Number of coats: 2 over white or 3 on its own
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Crème with glitter
Overall impression: Great glittery polish, great formula
Buy again: Yes

6 comments:

  1. Woah this shade is beautiful!! Sp pretty for Winter like sparkling snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good solo and layered :-D And final mani is super :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear. I am glad that it both works alone and over a base colour :)

      Delete
  3. "Let It Bow" is super pretty and this manicure reminds me of snowy mountains :-)

    ReplyDelete