Saturday, June 13, 2020

Color by Llarowe: Piece Of Me


Color by Llarowe: Piece Of Me
Described as a subtle scattered holo smokey, greyed denim blue

"Piece Of Me" is a Facebook fan group custom that came out in November 2013. Those were the days were group customs started out and it was special to get your hands on one. Nowadays it's common with group custom and it's impossible to keep up with all of them. That's when the magic disappeared for me.

The formula is good and so is the coverage. Two coats is what it took to achieve full opacity. The drying time was good.

I double stamped on it. I used a design from the stamping plate "Nicole Diary-L018". I stamped first with white and then with hot pink.

I topped it with China Glaze's glitter topper "Wildflower Hour", and then with a layer of regular topcoat.

This is the result:

Color by Llarowe: Piece Of Me

I really like the double stamping here.

Color by Llarowe: Piece Of Me

Here's a flash photo of "Piece Of Me" alone; two coats and no topcoat. I see this more as a subtle linear holo than a scattered holo, but that's just a bonus.

Color by Llarowe: Piece Of Me
Color by Llarowe: Piece Of Me

This is the same thing in daylight.

Color by Llarowe: Piece Of Me
Color by Llarowe: Piece Of Me

Here is all the stuff I used today.


"Piece Of Me" was limited edition and is no longer available.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Subtle linear holo
Overall impression: Nice formula and coverage. I like it, even though it's a little too smokey compared to what I'd normally go for.
Buy again: Yes

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way ... there's so many "special" polishes that they seem less special somehow. I have a few early ones that I treasure but I don't go chasing them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy to hear that I'm not the only one who feel that way.

      Delete
  2. It looks okay. Nice stamping design :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being "smokey" is something that I like a lot! :-) Simply gorgeous to me! :-) Beautiful stamping! :-)

    ReplyDelete