Thursday, June 18, 2020

The Box Of Shame: LynBDesigns: Thirsty


The Box Of Shame: LynBDesigns: Thirsty
Neon orange jelly/crelly

The Box of Shame contains polishes that I've decided not to keep. I may not like the colour or the formula, I may not like the finish - or perhaps the polish just doesn't wow me.

The polishes in the Box of Shame aren't staying there forever. I sell some of them, give away a lot of them, and some get to live in the box for a longer while.

"Thirsty" have been living the The Box Of Shame for about five years. In the end it seems hard for me to get rid of such a bright and beautiful orange. I decided to wear it again, just to see if it can change my mind.

The formula is okay for a jelly. First time I wore it I made it into a gradient and I guessed that the polish would cover in two coats. I needed three coats today to make it all even and nice. The drying time is good.

The stamp is from the stamping plate "ShopAnts XL-007". I stamped with Colour Alike's stamping polish "B. a Red Wine".

I topped it all with Orly's holo glitter topper "Shine On Crazy Diamond".

Here's how pretty it all looked in the end.

LynBDesigns: Thirsty

Red and orange are great colours together. And I love that glitter topper from Orly.

LynBDesigns: Thirsty

Here's "Thirsty" alone, three coats. The colour is way more neon than my photos suggest.

LynBDesigns: Thirsty
LynBDesigns: Thirsty

Here are the things I used today.


I like "Thirsty" but I'm afraid that it will have to return to the Box of Shame. It's a lovely colour, but I've got other neon orange polishes that wow me just a bit more than this one does. It's not the polish's fault though, I still love it.

Here's the link to my original post about "Thirsty": http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/2015/08/lynbdesigns-thirsty-and-slay.html


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Jelly
Overall impression: Really cool colour
Buy again: No

6 comments:

  1. I liked it in your old post and still do! It is gorgeous! But I know what you mean! Final mani is great too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice :) I have a similar polish, worn it only once because it is not shade for my skin tone :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty stamping and final manicure! It's not my kind of colour, but I think it is great as base for some nice summer manicures! :-)

    ReplyDelete