Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Anonymous Lacquer ~ Vampire Barbie


Anonymous Lacquer ~ Vampire Barbie
Oxblood red linear holo

"Vampire Barbie" was a Facebook group custom for HHC for December 2015. And yes, I've had it for that long without actually wearing it.

The formula is good and easy to work with. I used two coats for my nails today but if I had wanted to wear "Vampire Barbie" on its own, I would have had to have added a third coat. The drying time is good.

I decided to go with an Ikat design. I have tried that design once before, and back then I freehanded it - and that did not end up very pretty. Today I stamped the design on and that went much better. The design is from the stamping plate "Nicole Diary-L18" and I stamped with a gold stamping polish from Born Pretty Store and a white stamping polish from El Corazón.

I finished my design by adding a layer of Orly's holo glitter topper "Shine On Crazy Diamond". Here's the result photographed with flash:

Anonymous Lacquer: Vampire Barbie

This is the same thing under a lamp.

Anonymous Lacquer: Vampire Barbie

This is "Vampire Barbie" alone; two coats and no topcoat. The photo is taken with flash.

Anonymous Lacquer: Vampire Barbie
Anonymous Lacquer: Vampire Barbie

Here's the same thing under a lamp. No topcoat yet.

Anonymous Lacquer: Vampire Barbie
Anonymous Lacquer: Vampire Barbie

Here are the things I used.


"Vampire Barbie" is no longer available. It's pretty but it's not really "my" kind of polish. It's a bit too brown leaning and it's also very dark.



Number of coats: 2 (but 3 was needed)
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Nice rainbows. Colour is not quite mine.
Buy again: No

2 comments: