Friday, December 29, 2017

Colores de Carol ~ The Scarecrow Walks At Midnight



Colores de Carol ~ The Scarecrow Walks At Midnight
Burnt orange linear holographic with iridescent orange flakes

This is the last out of the five polishes from the Goosebumps Halloween collection 2017. There’s a link to the other polishes in the collection in the end of the post in case you want to check out the rest of them.

The formula is really good and I used two coats for full opacity.

I added a star or two (and three on the thumb nails actually) by the base of each nail and topped the whole thing with a layer of topcoat.

This is what it all ended up looking like. This photo is taken with flash.

Colores de Carol ~ The Scarecrow Walks At Midnight

I love the depth of this polish.
This picture is taken in the lightbox and shows off the pretty flakes.

Colores de Carol ~ The Scarecrow Walks At Midnight

I have seen many pretty swatches of this collection and I must admit that most of them let the true colours of the polishes down. It’s a shame when bloggers prioritize pretty pictures over colour accuracy. It’s unnecessary in this case because the polishes are pretty – there is no need to change the colours to improve the pictures’ prettiness. Very much a case of  ‘Art irritating Life’, as opposed to ‘Art imitating Life’.<rant over>

I like this polish all though it’s a bit too “burnt” to be “my” colour. That’s not going to stop me wearing it though! :D

Here are the links to the other polishes in the Goosebumps collection:


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Linear holo with flakes
Overall impression: Good quality and formula. I like depth of the polish a lot.
Buy again: Yes

4 comments: