Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Monki ~ Pop



Monki ~ Pop
Neon orange crème

Today’s polish is a gift from a dear friend. I have been looking at Monki’s polishes for a while now but have never actually bought some. My friend bought three of them for me – and Pop is the first one I try on.

First I want to show you the pretty wrapping it came in. There’s a piece of holographic paper wrapped around the bottle for protection. You have to remove it all when you actually want to use the polish – and that’s a shame because it’s crazy pretty.

Take a look at those amazing multichromatic rainbows!!!

Monki ~ Pop

But the paper needs to come off, so that’s what I did. I used two easy coats for full opacity and the polish is a dream to work with. The drying time is good too.

I didn’t quite know where this mani would take me. I started out with a couple of diagonal lines on each nail, followed by a dotted flower, and then finished with a few white dots.

This is the final manicure including topcoat. The picture is taken in daylight on a cloudy day.

Monki ~ Pop

The silver stripe is made with Essence’s “Hello Holo”.
The purple line is made with Colors By Llarowe’s stamping polish “Turqd”.
The blue flower is made with Colors By Llarowe’s stamping polish “Lilac Petals”.
The white dots is made with W7’s “White”.

Monki ~ Pop

Here’s two coats of Pop on its own, no topcoat yet. It’s even more vibrant in real life.

Monki ~ Pop

Here are the five polishes I ended up using.


Pop is an amazingly pretty orange. I really wanted that holographic wrapping to be a part of the bottle, that’s the only thing I wish was different.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Crème
Overall impression: That’s a true highlighter orange, great quality!
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. What a great manicure sweetheart! Lovely colour combination!♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie, it just ended up like that :)

      Delete
  2. I like how beautiful and careful it was warped. The nail polish color is gorgeous, and the nail art came out cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely bold orange and I like it :-D And the mani too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks nice, I love that the nail art matches the holographic paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's where I secretly and unknowingly got the inspiration from :D

      Delete