Monday, December 18, 2017

Sally Hansen ~ Belle of the Ball



Sally Hansen ~ Belle of the Ball
Dark blue base packed with red/burgundy shimmer

I almost didn’t buy Belle of the Ball because I knew it was verging on the edge of being too dark for me. I ended up being unable to resist because it was in a pile of highly reduced polishes.

I used two easy coats for my manicure and the drying time between the layers were really good. The brush is perfect for my nails: It’s wide and flat but with rounded “edges”. That kind of brush makes it really easy to paint the nails without having polish all over the cuticles.

The stamp is from Lina’s stamping plate “Feeling Shapely! 05” and I stamped with El Corazón’s stamping polish “Raspberry Wine”. I also applied a layer of topcoat before I took my photos.

Here’s the final thing in the lightbox:

 Sally Hansen ~ Belle of the Ball

This picture is taken in ordinary daylight, no sun.

 Sally Hansen ~ Belle of the Ball

Here’s a picture of “Belle of the Ball” on its own; no topcoat yet. The photo is taken in the lightbox and shows some of the really pretty shimmer.

 Sally Hansen ~ Belle of the Ball

The sisters and the stamping plate lined up.

 Sally Hansen ~ Belle of the Ball

I really like the final result but “Belle of the Ball” is too dark for me to wear on its own – just like I knew it would be. Fortunately it’s great as a base for nail art and I am also going to try this pretty polish for water marbling. Who knows, it might work as a charm :D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Easy to work with formula, great shimmer, a bit dark
Buy again: Maybe

14 comments:

  1. What an elegant manicure sweetie! I like a lot the colour combination you've done.
    Smuack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm highly reduced polishes suck me in too! This is really gorgeous and you suit it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like this one.I Kinda like dark polishes to the fall:)and i like the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shimmer is what caught me at first, I love that :)

      Delete
  4. This is very lovely, I like the polish alone but even more so with the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a classy shade and the whole stamped mani looks elegant in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty shimmer! I can see though how it could be a little too dark on its own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I like that it's possible to make it lighter with nail art :)

      Delete