Saturday, December 23, 2017

Polished for Days ~ Palinoia



Polished for Days ~ Palinoia
Described as: Pumpkin orange linear holographic with gold flake shimmer

Palinoia is orange, but a way different orange than I expected when I ordered it. Perhaps I just don’t know what “pumpkin orange” is, haha! It’s from the Autumn 2016 Positive Life Collection by the way.

The formula is on the thick side but it’s easy to work with anyway. I used two coats for my manicure and the drying time was good.

I played with some vinyls I bought off Aliexpress (or evilbay, I’m not quite sure anymore) and dug out an oldie but goodie Color Club: Resort to Red. That one is from the Untamed Luxury collection from Autumn 2010. And yes, I believe I’ve had it for that long – and the formula is still just perfect!

I topped it all with a layer of El Corazón’s holo flakie topper “421h/25”.

This is my final result:

Polished for Days ~ Palinoia

It took me a bit to figure out which colour I wanted to pair Palinoia with and I think I made a really good choice: I like these two colours together!

Polished for Days ~ Palinoia

This is what Palinoia looks like on its own; two coats and a layer of topcoat. The promised linear holo effect is shy. The colour isn’t a colour I would normally wear but it grew on me as I wore it.

Polished for Days ~ Palinoia

The three pretty sisters:


It feels really good to let some of the oldies but goodies out of the Helmers once in a while. I love all my Color Clubs!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shy linear holo with golden shimmer
Overall impression: This is a polish I’d call “work safe” – but then again: I wear the same polishes for work as I wear for parties.
Buy again: I probably would, since it grew on me

4 comments: