Saturday, December 2, 2017

Essence ~ 01 Hello Holo



Essence ~ 01 Hello Holo
Holographic silver microglitter

Hello Holo is the first polish in the Holo Rainbow Collection from Autumn 2017. There are five polishes in the collection and I bought all five of them. Glitter and holo – it’s right up my alley.

I wasn’t quite sure whether these polishes were toppers or not, but I was ready to take the chance. And the good news is that they aren’t toppers.

I used two easy coats for full coverage. The drying time is a bit faster than average.

The rose stamp is from the stamping plate “Celebrate BPX-L014” and I stamped with a Max Factor polish my boyfriend bought for me a couple of years ago: “Burgundy Crush”.

Here’s the final manicure, including one layer of topcoat. The photo is taken in a rare beam of sunlight.

Essence ~ 01 Hello Holo

Here’s the same thing in my lightbox so you can see that the stamp is actually roses.

Essence ~ 01 Hello Holo

And here’s Hello Holo on its own. Two coats and no topcoat involved yet.

Essence ~ 01 Hello Holo

This is the stuff I used for my manicure.


Hello Holo loves topcoat. I ended up with two layers of topcoat but my nails still weren’t smooth. I don’t mind, I just wonder how many coats it would actually take to make the glitter flat.
  

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Holographic microglitter
Overall impression: This is so blingy! I love it!
Buy again: Yes

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! And it comes in five different colours :)

      Delete
  2. The collection is beautiful, but I didn't like the big and sharp pieces of glitter. It indeed needs a lot of top coat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind bumpiness that much if it's pretty :D

      Delete
  3. Looks good for 2 coats solo! I like it a lot :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is really pretty! I looked at this when I was in Italy but I didn't buy it, perhaps a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it was, but perhaps you'll see it somewhere else :)

      Delete