Sunday, February 17, 2019

Essie ~ 1535 Slay Up Slate


Essie ~ 1535 Slay Up Slate
Grey crushed glitter, textured

“Slay Up Slate” is one of six polishes from the Concrete Glitters-collection from Autumn 2018. I bought all six of them because they looked so beautiful.

“Slay Up Slate” is the second one I try on. It’s a really nice grey polish with lots of sparkles. The formula is good and easy to work with. I used two easy coats for full opacity and the drying time is good.

I double stamped on it. The stamp is from the stamping plate BP-L003 and I stamped with black and white stamping polishes from BornPrettyStore. I stamped with white first on two fingers and with black first on the other two. Which combination do you prefer?

Here’s the end result including a layer of topcoat.

Essie ~ 1535 Slay Up Slate

I love stamping with black and white over grey!

Essie ~ 1535 Slay Up Slate

And this is “Slay Up Slate” alone, two coats and no topcoat.

Essie ~ 1535 Slay Up Slate
Essie ~ 1535 Slay Up Slate

Here is the stuff I used today.


I don’t wear grey much but I really like this one.

Here’ll be links to the other polishes in the Concrete Glitters-collection:




Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Glittery texture
Overall impression: Great formula, pretty gritty surface, Very classy
Buy again: Yes

1 comment:

  1. The polish is not in my taste, but I love your manicure, I think one with white first looks slightly better 🙂

    ReplyDelete