Friday, February 1, 2019

Kiko ~ Sparkling Holiday #02


Kiko ~ Sparkling Holiday #02
Blackened burgundy with purple to golden shimmer

I seem to keep buying dark, vampy colours – only to find out that they look nothing but black on my nails. I really need to stop myself!

Anyway, #02 from Kiko’s Sparkling Holiday collection of 2018 is deep, vampy, really pretty. The formula is thick and super easy to work with. The coverage is perfect – I used one single coat of polish for my manicure. The drying time is good.

The stamp is from the stamping plate “Mezerdoo B4”. I stamped with Colour Alike’s stamping polish “B. a Red Wine”.

I topped the whole thing with El Corazón’s holo flakie topper “421h/25”.

Here’s the whole thing, photographed in the lightbox.

Kiko ~ Sparkling Holiday #02

I love the stamping polish, it made up for some of the darkness of the Kiko shimmer polish.

Kiko ~ Sparkling Holiday #02

Here’s #02 on its own. This is one single coat and a thin layer of topcoat. This is exactly what it looks like in real life.

Kiko ~ Sparkling Holiday #02
Kiko ~ Sparkling Holiday #02

Here are the polishes and the plate I used today.


Honestly? This is too dark for me and I’ll have to find it another home soon. What a shame.


Number of coats: 1
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Good, thick formula, great coverage. The polish is really dark and vampy.
Buy again: No

3 comments:

  1. I also have some polishes that look nice in a bottle, but black on nails... What a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a shame for sure! I like black on others but not on me :)

      Delete
  2. Although you don't like black on your nails, I think they look sooo good! Well, yes, I like dark colours and this dark burgundy looks gorgeous to me! I think that it looks fabulous with the topper and the stamping that you chose! :-)

    ReplyDelete