Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A England ~ Lady Shalott



A England ~ Lady of Shalott
Blackened base with blue shimmer

If you like the quality of A England’s polishes too, then you certainly won’t be disappointed in this one. It’s the same nice formula, easy to apply and very well pigmented. It was opaque in one coat, but I applied two anyway, to enhance the depth of it.

The shimmer is a bit on the shy side, but it’s there. Here’s two coats of Lady of Shalott with one coat of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine top coat over:




And from another angle:




This colour is dark and vampy and a must have if you’re into that colour range of polishes.



Lady of Shalott is from A England’s series of Gothic Beauties, and she’s got four other sisters with different colours of shimmer in them. 

Here’s what A England write about this particular polish:
A captive and ethereally beautiful sapphire heart, shrouded in a blackened curse

Not bad, huh?

You know I’d never wear any pretty polish on it’s own, so what I did was to apply an additional coat of shimmer in the shape of Orly “Love Each Other”. It’s a purple shimmer, which didn’t impress me to be honest. Then I sponged Icing “Runway” on the tips, and sealed it all up with a layer of PoshĂ© top coat.




Here are all the pretties:



Verdict: If you’re into dark, vampy colours, you’ll love this. The shimmer doesn’t pop as much on my nails as I’d like it to, but then again, I acquire a lot of shimmer to be truly happy, hahaha! :D


Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: No

11 comments:

  1. I agree, the shimmer is too dark and/or shy - it's gorgeous with your glitter addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I love my shimmer toppers :) And thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous nail polish and the mani you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really pretty! I love the final result with the glitters! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one's pretty! :) love the color

    ReplyDelete