Saturday, March 16, 2013

Zoya ~ Elisa - with stamp and glitter



Zoya ~ Elisa
Classic red with shimmer

I really like Zoya polishes. They usually have great formulas, they cover well and they are easy to work with. Elisa wasn’t quite as cooperative as her sister polishes though, and I found her a bit difficult to work with. It was really hard to get the right amount of polish on the brush. Too little polish meant streaks. Too much polish meant flooded cuticles. And I hate both.

Anyway – apart from that, she’s a nice little polish, I really like these classic reds, although I don’t wear them very often.

Here’s what two coats, and no top coat looks like:


And here’s a shot from a different angle:



 I stamped on it at first, using a stamping plate from Bundlemonster, BM310. I used a no name silver stamping polish, and here’s what my mani looked like after that. There’s still no topcoat involved:


 Then I sponged some silver glitter on the tips. I used a glitter from Hits called “Synth Pop”, which is from the MTV collection. I sealed it all up with a layer of Poshé topcoat, and I was ready to rock:


I’m pleased with this, so here’s a final picture:


 Have you got Zoya Elisa? If so, do you also have issues with her? Which Zoya is your favourite?

16 comments:

  1. Elisa is a beauty and I like the silver details you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stamping! I don't have this Zoya--already had way too many reds by the time I discovered the brand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's a great stamp that can be used over all polishes, I love it too! :)

      Delete
  4. The silver and red combo is fantastic! Love this mani! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you think so. I really like this too :)

      Delete
  5. I have used that stamp design before and just love it! I've stopped buying Zoya- just had to cut down. But this base color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately I don't have easy access to Zoya, so I'm limited that way. My purse likes that :)

      Delete