Thursday, March 21, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand ~ Stay the Night




OPI Liquid Sand ~ Stay the Night
Black base with pink glitters

Behold: Here’s a mani without nail art on it!! *gasp*

I have been so curious about the liquid sand polishes from OPI’s Mariah Carey collection, so I knew I had to get my hands on a couple of them. Stay the Night is the first one I try on.

I used two thin coats for this mani. The formula was good; I didn’t have any problems with getting an even amount of glitter all over the nails. Drying time is a killer, though. I’m not the first nail blogger who states this fact, and I’m probably not going to be the last either.

But. I managed to sit through the drying time without denting or making any other damages, or indeed going off my head :D



I obviously didn’t apply a top coat. I wanted to feel how it was to wear the polish the way it’s meant to be worn. For once ;)


That is also why there isn’t any nail art on this. It doesn’t happen very often that I wear a polish all by itself, so this is a very special day!


The glitter in the polish makes this very special in low light. It makes my nails look all velvety with a deep pink glitter to it. Prettay!! :D


So – my verdict is that the liquid sand polishes are a good buy, even though they are OPI polishes (I’m not an OPI fan). They are fun and easy to apply, but please note, dear reader – they are dreadfully slow dryers.

Have you tried any of them? If yes – did you like them? If no – why not? What’s keeping you? I’m curious to know, so please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts in the comments below!

20 comments:

  1. Seems like you might be turning into an OPI fan...? ;-)

    I haven't tried these, partly due to the cost but also I can imagine removal will be a pain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha!! I'm definitely not turning into an OPI fan. I do consider making a post about my OPI collection though, because I have quite a few of them :D

      Delete
  2. Haven't tried any probably wont do it eiter. And if I do it will be Zoya or China Glazes versions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha OPI closet-fan ;)
    I'm not going to buy any of them - slow drying time is a no go for me LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You tease!! Hahaha :D
      I'm not crazy about the slow drying time either. :)

      Delete
  4. Haha they are definitely slow to dry, but this looks absolutely stunning on you! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this polish and how it looks on you! <3
    What's keeping me from buying them? The range of OPI nail polishes is really weak in my town (I don't think they have nail polishes from this collection) and also they're overpriced :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're overpriced here too - so I buy mine online, or I swap them into my collection.
      And thank you - I'm really pleased to hear that! <3

      Delete
  6. I love, love, love how this looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color. I like to wear it with topcoat :)

    ReplyDelete