Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Milani ~ Magenta Metal - with franken-holo-hearts


Milani ~ Magenta Metal
Magenta with a metallic finish

...and a blue holoshimmer frankenpolish!  

Most of you should know by now that I am not a polish snob. I don’t strive to only own expensive, exclusive or hard-to-get brands. I like what I like, cheap or expensive, mainstream or not. I like Milani as a rule. I don’t own many yet, but I like the ones I’ve got!

The formula of Magenta Metal was good, the polish applied easily and was practically opaque after the first coat. I gave it two anyway – to give it the best conditions, and also out of habit. It didn’t make very much of a difference though.

I love the shine of this polish! Here’s two coats – no top coat yet:


Then I painted little hearts on it with a blue FrankenShimmerHolopolish which I’d made that very same day. I used my dotting tool to draw the hearts with, and then I made small dots around the hearts. One layer of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine top coat, and here’s my final mani:


I didn’t have access to sunshine, but here’s a pic shot under a light bulb, so you can see that there actually is holographic effect in this frankenpolish:


And here’s a before and after-picture of the franken. I used Rimmel’s “Azure” as my base, and added Spectraflair and shimmerpowder in it until I was satisfied with the result. Oh, and I added four shaker-balls to it as well, to be able to shake it up properly! :D

Before and after the frankening

This mani came right out of the blue – I swear I didn’t know where it would end when I started it. But I like it! Do you? :)

Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. A blue franken holo - I'm planning something similar with pastel yellow LOL

    yours look great, cant wait to see it in use in sunshine-photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may need to thin it a bit before using it for a whole mani, because it did end up a bit thick :)
      And thanks - I appreciate it a lot!

      Delete
  2. Reading this, I decided to get some Spectraflair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I really like this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mani! The handdrawn hearts are so cute and your blue franken looks beautiful! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always so kind, thank you very much, Yun! :)

      Delete
  5. i really like the hearts. Don't forget to enter my I ♥ Makeup giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful franken! And a very cute mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your franken! Cute hearts :)

    ReplyDelete