Saturday, March 9, 2013

Accessorize and Hits = Dreamy Mermaid


Accessorize ~ Aquamarine
Metallic teal

and

Hits ~ Blue Jazz
Blue base with blue and green glitters


I had one of those days where I came home from work, and I was absolutely knackered! So I removed the “old” polish, and went for something easy. I didn’t want to mess around too much, being that tired. So I used a new polish from Accessorize called Aquamarine, which is from their Metalized series. It looks so pretty in the bottle, which is obviously why I bought it in the first place. But on the nails? OMG, it’s absolutely beautiful!

It is indeed a one coater, and here’s what one coat looks like:


It isn’t really blue and it isn’t really green either, so I guess that makes it a teal, or what? I don’t mind what we call it – I’m in love:

 
Now for the extra. Like I said: There was no way I was going to challenge myself, so I went for something know and tried before: Glitter tips!

I used a glitter from Hits’ MTV series called “Blue Jazz”. It’s a lovely blue and green glitter, which I figured would be perfect for this teal base. I sponged my tips with it and gave it two layers of NYC Turbo fast dry top coat:


And from another angle:


This mani did wonders for my mood. I was still tired, but now I was happy that my mani turned out even prettier than I dared hoping for.


It reminds me of mermaids. Dreamy mermaids – which is what I’m going to call this mani. 

What do you think? Do you have a special polish that you use as your “to go”-polish, when you want to make sure it actually works?
  
Both polishes: 
Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 10/10
Buy again: Yes!

14 comments:

  1. Aquamarine is definitely for you! Looks stunning, and I love the glitter gradient. I don't think I have a go to polish, possibly Accessorize Pink Spice or any holo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink Spice is a really nice polish too; I have become quite fond of Accessorize's polishes recently :)

      Delete
  2. This is a very pretty manicure and wow I can't believe that is just one coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed too, it's got amazing coverage! :)

      Delete
  3. Aww, this is super pretty - I love the combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much :) I'm so pleased with it myself :)

      Delete
  4. I really love this combo with the glitter- looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm so pleased I'm not the only one liking this :)

      Delete
  5. Absolutely amazing combo! I don't have a "to go" polish, but probably it would be something blue or pink :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I keep finding myself reaching for blues when I don't know what to wear. It's funny - it doesn't use to be my favourite colour :)

      Delete
  6. Cute mani! The glitter and blue combo looks great together! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty! I love that base blue color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, it's quite an amazing polish! :)

      Delete