Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ninja Polish ~ Hanukkah Floam



Rimmel ~ My Denim and Ninja Polish ~ Hanukkah Floam  

I only have Hanukkah Floam because of Stinna from The Nailant – so let me start by shouting out a huge thank you to her!

I know that Ninja Polishes go really well with Rimmel as underwear (check this post out to see), so I started this mani with one coat of Rimmel’s “My Denim”, which is a lovely blue denim, that covers really well. I must admit that I’m quite impressed with Rimmel’s polishes. You should check them out if you haven’t already – they are definitely worth a try!

Here’s one coat on its own:


Not bad, eh? I would have added another coat if I should have worn this on its own, but one coat is enough for underwear.

Hanukkah Floam is a light blue glitter with holographic glitter mixed in. It’s in a light blue jelly base, so I can’t imagine how many coats it’d take to be opaque on its own – hence the blue underwear for it!

The glitter spreads out evenly and easily, and Hanukkah Floam likes to be applied with a light touch. If you’re too heavy handed, the brush will pull on the glitter, and leave some of the underwear bare. So: A light touch for this beauty.

I only added one coat of the glitter, since it’s pretty dense. It dries up gritty – here it is without top coat:


And here it is with one layer of BK topcoat:


You can’t really see the difference on the pictures, but the topcoat definitely smooths out the grittiness.

Here’s one last pic, where you can see the sleeve of my new sweater. I just thought it would be fun with a little bit of variation in the pics :D


And here is the pretty couple:


Not bad, eh? It makes me want to put more Ninja Polishes on my wish list… as if it wasn’t long enough as it already is haha!

I can feel that blue is becoming quite dominant in my polish stash; and teal and purple are my favourite colours. Which colour or colour combo is your favourite?

25 comments:

  1. OH that Hanukkah Floam is gorgeous - and a perfect match for My Denim...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it! I'm so glad I paired them up :)

      Delete
  2. what a lovely layering combo! :) Hanukha floam is gorgeous!!! really pretty mani.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate your kind words :)

      Delete
  3. The final result is very nice! This 2 polishes looks ideally together. I have this Rimmel too and I must admit that it's one of the prettiest blue cremes I've ever had :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really impressed with Rimmel's polishes, and this blue in particular. I'm somewhat not surprised that it's also a part of your collection :)

      Delete
  4. My denim is in my stash already, now i need that Ninja to...
    Thanks for that... You bad enabler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty! I'm amazed at how many different FLoam there are out there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! I remember the time when there was only one :D

      Delete
  6. I love the combo! The blue glitters are so pretty! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, I need to wear them soon again :)

      Delete
  7. WOW, Hanukkah Floam is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it :) It's really special and cool!

      Delete
  8. Great combo! Hanukkah Floam is super pretty and it suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really like Hanukkah and is pleased that it's in my stash! :)

      Delete
  9. love this!!! im starting to really enjoy blue tonal glitters like this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue is my favourite color, so I adore this combo! ^_^

    ReplyDelete