Friday, March 29, 2013

Milani ~ Totally Cool - with stamp


Milani ~ Totally Cool
Purple jelly with duochrome magenta/golden shimmer

Here’s another one of my Milani polishes. Totally cool is very different to the others I own because it’s a jelly-like polish. It’s very sheer and packed with magenta shimmers. It took four coats to reach desired opaqueness. Yes, you read it right: FOUR! And this baby has got a regular drying time, so imagine me sitting through four coats! I mean...yikes!!! It’s not going to happen again, that’s for sure!

But anyway – you need to see it. This pic is taken in the light box:

Look at all those pretty flecks!!
And here’s a shot under direct light, to show you how this polish changes character and starts glowing when lights hit it:




Amazing, isn’t it? 

I thought I would be adding glitter, but to be honest, it didn’t feel right. So I changed my plan, and went for stamping instead. I used a plate from Bundlemonster called BM-310 and a no name silver stamping polish. The top coat is my old faithful one from Poshé




Here’s a pic under a lamp:




While I was applying this, I thought that the polish reminded me of something, namely Max Factor’s “Fantasy Fire”. But taking a closer look at the two bottles I see that they’re nowhere near being dupes. The colours aren’t the same, but they have definitely got some elements in common. I actually considered putting Milani’s Totally Cool in my box of shame, but now that I know this, I’ll start using it differently. I’ll try layering it over various colours to see if that works or not. Because seriously: FOUR coats??? No way, José! O_o



What’s your verdict on this, girls? Do you like it?


Opacity: 3/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 6.5/10
Buy again: I’m not quite sure

18 comments:

  1. It's pretty, but I think I'd try layering it too. Four coats is a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four coats are way too many for my likings, that's for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Sheer Polishes and I basically just don't work! Lord! I'd almost cry layering it.
    Your result is amazing though!

    And I need to use my max factor dang it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you - I hate sheer polishes. I usually always dent my manis before I've sat through the drying time! :D

      I want to see you use your Fantasy Fire! ;)

      Delete
  3. Despite how sheer that is I still think it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I must admit that I really like it too!

      Delete
  4. Four coats is a LOT - I completely agree - beautiful, but too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four coats is ridiculous! Thank goodness for layering :)

      Delete
  5. 4 coats is a bit too much, but the result is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four coats is way too many! I wish it wasn't so pretty, haha! :)

      Delete
  6. 4 coats... yikes indeed! But your mani ended up really pretty! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I don't think I'll ever sit through four coats of that again :D

      Delete
  7. I have this one, too and it is gorgeous. You should put it on when the sun comes out to play, it really is out of this world when sunlight hits it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh, I'll definitely try that! :) I'll also try to layer it, to see if I can save at least one coat! :)

      Delete
  8. four coats! o.O its beautiful tho! love the stamping, beautiful together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, four coats is crazy, isn't it! :D
      And thanks, I appreciate it!

      Delete
  9. Det här lacket var hur snyggt som helst!

    ReplyDelete