Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sally Hansen ~ Save the Date, with striped glitter gradient



Sally Hansen Diamond Strength ~ Save the Date
Deep burgundy with a beautiful shimmer

My local drugstore had a 2 for 1 Sally Hansen offer recently, and since they only had one cuticle cream left, I decided that the other thing should be this pretty nail polish. I swear that this vampy polish winked at me and tricked me into buying her!

So – the formula was good, and the polish glided on effortlessly. It took two coats to make it look really pretty. Drying time was pretty average, but I was watching a movie while I did my nails, so I didn’t mind. I watched “Jack and the Beanstalk – the real story”, in case anyone’s interested!

Here’s a pic of it in my lightbox: 



And there’s a bonus pic for you today, because the sun was actually out! And behold! This polish looks amazing in the sun:


I’m seriously impressed! I guess that’s why it took me a little while to figure out what to do with it. I ended up deciding for a glitter gradient over striping tape. I’ve done that before, and I really like the way it looks, so I thought why not!

I placed striping tape on my nails, three on each, except for on the ring finger, which got four. And then I made my glitter gradient with a WIP polish from Urban Outfitters called “Tinkerbell”. It’s a pink glitter with a dash of green and yellow glitter in it. I finished my mani with a layer of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine top coat. 


On this pic, you can see some of the green glitter I mentioned before on my accent nail.


And here are the two pretties posing for the camera:



I’m so glad that the Sally Hansen is as pretty on the nails as it is in the bottle, and I still think that all the work with the striping tape is worth the effort.

What do you think of glitter gradients made over striping tape? Have you tried it yourself?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes, probably

14 comments:

  1. What a pretty mani! I like the effect the stripingtape gradient makes :)
    And what an awesome color from SH! Thanks going straight to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I must admit that I am very pleased at how these striped glitter gradients come out :)

      Delete
  2. Great look! I need to try this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the final result! The glitter gradient with the striping tape turned out great! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both the color and the finished result - beautiful as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This nail polish looks stunning in the sunlight! And I love how it looks with glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you. I'm so glad that I actually get to see the sun once in a while now :D

      Delete
  6. That base color in the sun is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete