Today I'm going to show you a hand cushion:
The cushion was not at all what I expected it to be. I expected it to be a firm “pillow” to rest my hand on when I do my nails. The cushion is really firm, and it’s got a hard bottom. I think there’s a piece of wood inside. The cover also surprised me. It’s made of plastic, which I guess is a good point, since it’s impossible to put this piece of equipment in the washing machine. I don’t like the feel of it though...I would have preferred fabric, I think. The cover can’t be removed either; it’s stapled on.
I usually do my nails when I’m sitting on the sofa, and this cushion helps me get my nails up in a good height for polishing them.
The size is 30cm x 10cm x 5.5cm (approximately 11.8in x 3.9in x 2.2in)
Here’s a picture of it with my hand on it, so you can see the size of it.
I need to get used to working on the cushion and make myself some good habits with it. I’m not overly thrilled yet, but I still think it’s a pretty good piece of equipment. Perhaps someone who do other people’s nails will appreciate it more than me. I’m only ever doing my own nails :)
- It helps creating a good work height
- The cushion is firm, helping you keep your hands steady
- I love the tiger/leopard design
- It’s a very good idea *under the right circumstances*
- It’s plastic, I don’t like the feel of it
- It’s easier (for me) to just do my own stuff without it