Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pretty Serious ~ Seasonal Sunset part 2

Pretty Serious ~ Seasonal Sunset
Rusty jelly base packed with bright golden and copper microglitter

I originally showed this polish in this post. I remained somewhat intrigued by this polish, and was eager to find out if I couldn’t actually present the polish a bit better on my nails, even though this warm, copper orange isn’t really my colour. So here goes.

I decided to use this in a gradient. I used it as the “middle colour”, surrounded by Douglas’ “Ready to go”, which is a beautiful orange shimmer, and Sally Hansen Insta Dri “Wined Up”, which is a deep burgundy shimmer. I thought these two would be great company for my Pretty Serious polish.

And here’s how my gradient turned out. There’s one coat of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine topcoat over it:



See? That’s much better when the polish gets to compliment a couple of sisters! :)

I wanted to stamp a palm tree over this, to make it look like a sunset, but the only two palm trees I have, have got “California” written on them, and that was definitely not the look I was after. Instead I found a sun on Bundlemonster’s plate BM01, and I stamped with a no name black polish:


There’s one coat of Poshé top coat over it to seal it up:


I’m amazed over how nicely this goes with my skin tone!


And here are the polish sisters in crime:



So, what do you think? I must admit that I’m more than pleased with how this turned out, despite that fact that I didn’t get palm trees on it. I need to look for a plate with such a design on it :)

23 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty! And what a great idea with the stamp on a polish named that way :D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's intentional, believe it or not ;D <3

      Delete
  2. Result looks very pretty! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mani! The orange color is so pretty, and I love the gradient and sun stamping you added! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I must admit that I ended up liking this a lot :)

      Delete
  4. I placed an order and didn't buy this one! Who stupid was that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're lucky it's still there next time you want to order something :)

      Delete
  5. It's very pretty - and very appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks so gorgeous!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's sweet of you. I like it too! <3

      Delete
  7. Love this! Everything goes perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete