Wednesday, March 13, 2013

OPI ~ Into the night with silver stripes


OPI ~ Into the night
Deep shimmery purple (or blue?)

‘Into the Night’ is from OPI’s Spiderman collection, and I seriously must be colourblind or something. When I read reviews of this polish, everybody states that it’s blue, but for me it’s definitely purple, with blue undertones. Isn’t that just weird?!

As I may have mentioned before, OPI is not my favourite polish brand, so I don’t know why I just don’t stop buying them! The formula is thin and tends to flood my cuticles, which I really hate, argh! If I must say something nice about this polish, then it is that it only takes two coats to reach the opacity I want. Drying time is slow, slow, slow. Me and OPI – our chemistries simply don’t match, LOL!

OK. Enough talking, here’s a pic that shows two coats, and no top coat:


Sure, it’s pretty alright, but I dunno if I think it’s worth the effort ;)
Here’s a pic from a different angle:


I made some silver stripes on it. I used a silver glitter striper from Flexbrush, and made two stripes on each nail, except for the thumbs that got three each. One layer of NYC Turbo Dry top coat completed my mani:


I like this, but like I said: It’s purple to me, not blue :D

What do you think of OPI in general – good or no good? And do you have any of the polishes from the Spiderman collection?


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 5/10
Value for money: 4/10
Overall: 5.5/10
Buy again: No way!

14 comments:

  1. Looks great with that silver lines upon it. I'm not a big OPI fan either. They have some good cremepolishes but I think a lot of the other polishes are sheer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem is that I don't do creme polishes much, perhaps that is why I'm not a big fan :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty color, but it looks blue to me in the photos :)

    I only have 3 OPI's but I really like the one I have. They only take 1 coat to got opaque and are fast drying :) So from my experience I like OPI :) (except from the prices^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many mistakes... Ones* get* fastdrying*

      Delete
    2. I'm not crazy about the prizes either, but I've got many of the ones I got in swaps, and that helps a lot :)

      Delete
    3. Yeah swaps are a great thing :)
      Well I got my 3 on sale for 50 DKK each, so im not complaining about that either :)

      Delete
    4. You'd be naughty if you complained over a 50 DKK-tag! :D
      I never seem to run into offers like that though. Lucky you!

      Delete
  4. It has a kind of fresh look to it - very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It has already found a better home though :D

      Delete
  5. Cute mani! The silver stripes look so good against the blurple base! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to learn how to do stripes without using tape-that's my next hurdle!! THis is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was awful making stripes in the beginning, but all of a sudden it worked for me!
      I still like tape manis though! :)

      Delete