Friday, March 22, 2013

Accessorize ~ Mineral Violet - Taped!


Accessorize ~ Mineral Violet  
Purple/brown duochrome
&
Bourjois ~ Bleu Moonlight
Dark blue shimmer

Accessorize seems to be my to-go tapi mani polish :D I used “Mineral Violet” as my base colour. The formula is really nice and easy to apply, and it takes two coats for it to be opaque. Unfortunately the colour isn’t really me, despite the fact that it’s a duochrome. I am not really so crazy about the brown tone that it flashes.

Here’s a pic of two coats; no top coat:


The pictures aren’t as good as I’d like them to be. I couldn’t get that polish to show its true colours in my light box, so these pics are all taken in the bathroom :D After having tried taking pictures in all the usually good spots, I found that the bathroom was the best place!

Then it was time for some tape! I taped my nails, and painted one coat of “Bleu Moonlight”, and removed the tape right away. Bleu Moonlight is a fantastic blue shimmer that covers perfectly in one easy coat. It says “1 seconde” on the bottle; I’m not quite sure what that 1 second implies, but it’s certainly not the drying time. It actually took longer for this to dry than I imagined. Perhaps it’s the “silicone texture”-label on the bottle that tricked me into thinking it wasn’t quite dry – but hey, what do I know? :D

Anyway, here’s that step:


I wanted something more though. I browsed through my stash for a nice glitter, but ended up with a blue flakie instead. It’s from Sephora and is called “Twinkle Twinkle”. I thought that the blue would be dark enough to let the flakies show themselves.

So, without any further yapping from yours truly, here’s the final result:


I hope you like it :)

16 comments:

  1. Pretty! I don't like doing tape mani's because they always turn out horrible. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine did too in the beginning, but now they are at least decent, haha!!! :D

      Delete
  2. The flakies really bring it all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is beautiful!
    Twinkle Twinkle has a great effect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that makes me really happy to hear! :)

      Delete
  4. I really like the combo of the Bleu moonlight and twinkle twinkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh this one is so pretty! Love the purple/blue combination, and the flecks you added on top is a beautiful touch! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm pleased that you like! :)

      Delete
  6. I do like the final result! :)

    ReplyDelete