Thursday, March 7, 2013

Linda Johansen ~ Warm Grey


Linda Johansen ~ Warm Grey
Warm grey crème – or dark beige

When I started applying this baby it was obvious to me that this is definitely a quality polish. One of those polishes that are easy to apply, and that cover well without any hassle.

“Warm Grey” is a one coater! I was amazed. I thought I was going to apply coat after coat to make it opaque, but that was certainly not the case here. I applied two coats for the camera, but believe me, one coat would have done! One coat of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine top coat, and here’s what that looks like:




The polish has a really nice shine to it, and depth:



I think that it shows on the pictures that this polish is of really good quality, and a class product.



Here’s what Linda Johansen wrote about this particular polish:
A timeless warm grey color that's a little bit more "edgy" than the classic Mannequin. Chic and elegant for those who want a discreet look and dare a little more. Not shimmer and a neutral undertone.


I don’t think I’ll go as far as to call this polish “edgy”, but that’s probably just me :) I’ll show you what else this classy polish can do: Stamp!



I removed the grey from my ring finger and my thumb and applied one coat of Miss Sporty #313 – a lovely rich shimmery purple. 

Then I stamped using the opposite colours – I used a design from Mash’s stamping plate Mash-30. I sealed it all up with one coat of Poshé top coat, and behold – Warm Grey works as a great stamping polish:




Here’s one last shot of it, just to show you the Miss Sporty polish as well!




I am quite pleased to enrol this polish in my stash, knowing that it’s great both as a base colour and as a stamping polish. I appreciate quality when I have it, and it was a revelation how well this took to both stamping and being stamped on. So yes – this ended up as a winner in my book! I told you it ended well! :)


Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 4/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes
 

12 comments:

  1. love that color combo and stamp work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really ended like the perfect mani - and one-coaters, I love those!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're fantastic. And thanks, my friend! :)

      Delete
  3. I like this color a lot. I think the name is very accurate. And the fact that it covers in only one layer, that is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously surprised that it was a one coater. That's always a win in my book :)

      Delete
  4. I adore grey polish, and its such a nice shade, I have a shellac, very similar colour. Fab designs, I must get out my plates and do some designing again!

    http://allthelittlethings3.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to re-find some old patterns and use them again :) x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful polish! Looks great with stamping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo. I love that grey! The stamping looks great aswell. I have that miss sporty too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Miss Sporty is a real gem, and I really like how the grey stamped!

      Delete