Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Joss ~ Alternate Dimension



Joss ~ Alternate Dimension
Warm orange linear holo with a coral tone

I wanted to test if this polish needed an aqua base coat or not, so I just used my regular base coat. And application was easy. I didn’t experience any dragging or pulling on the polish, so this can easily do without the aqua base coat. It took two coats to achieve this look:


Joss calls this “a warm holo with a golden sunset tinge”, and that’s a pretty good description. There’s a tint of coral in it, which I usually don’t like much. But I am not kidding when I say that this the only time I’ve actually liked wearing a coral-toned polish! Amazing. No less than amazing!
More pics for you: 



The colour reminds me of a really delicious dessert or something.



I just couldn’t stop taking picture of this beauty!



And the holo also pops in lower light, which I really like.



I decided to make my nail art really simple, in order not to overwhelm the polish. I made a swirl out of dots. I used a red Astor polish called 025 for the dots. It’s a dark red with golden shimmer, which I thought would be perfect for the sunset-y holo.



I think the orange and the red fit each other perfectly.



Here’s a pic taken in low light so you can see that the holo still “works” :)



The verdict is a thumb up from me. I’m impressed by the quality of the polish and the holographic effect. And I had my breath taken away by the colour, which was a total surprise for me.


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

15 comments:

  1. Aww, you are one lucky girl LOL
    The holo is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The holo is amazing, and I love that the sun was out so I could show it off! :D

      Delete
  2. the holo is quite strong, I like such effect! great polish. and it has the pretty shade of orange :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love holos that strong too! :) It's not many oranges I like, but this one is cool :)

      Delete
  3. That's really pretty! Love the holo effect! And I like the simple dotticure you added on top. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) The holo effect is spectacularly pretty in this polish :)

      Delete