Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sation ~ Let’s mingle and jingle - with holo dots


Sation ~ Let’s mingle and jingle
Blue jelly base with sparse silver glitter

Let’s mingle and jingle is from Sation’s Holiday Golightly collection from 2012.

The formula was a challenge. It was thick, which I usually don’t mind, but that, when combined with the fat brush, made it almost impossible to paint on properly. Drying time is also on the slow side, giving it attributes which when taken together make me wonder if this polish needs to live in the box of shame!

It took two coats to achieve this look:


And from a different angle: 


I must admit that I’m willing to forgive this polish for being so difficult, because I really like the way it looks. And it’s perfect for all sorts of nail art,
I like that!

So I decided to go for a few simple dots today. I used Color Club’s “Over the Moon”, which is a strong blue linear holo, and I used Catrice’s Quick Dry & High Shine topcoat to seal the whole thing up:


These last two pictures are taken under a light bulb so the holo shows itself:


And here are the polishes lined up for the camera:


I have decided to keep this polish for now – I seriously need to try and stamp on it and perhaps even make a gradient with it. If I get just as upset with it the next time around, I might change my mind and let it go! :D

How about you, girls? Would you keep it?


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Undecided 

14 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful blue and it looks great with the dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the blue, I just wish it was easier to work with :) x

      Delete
  2. That Sation sure is gorgeous - and I like the addition of the dots, they work so well here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) This Sation is the one I've got that's the hardest to work with. It'll get another chance soon though :D

      Delete
  3. Haha, the box of shame.
    I like it and I'd probably give it another try before deciding whether to keep it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are quite a lot of polishes in my box of shame. If they don't behave, that's where they'll end up :D

      Delete
  4. Beautiful polish and I love the holo dots you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blue! And I love the end result with the dots you added! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only one word - gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I hope you know that blues look great on you?

    Love the holo dots. Gotta remember to do something like it soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hoped that others also think that blues look good on me, so I'm very pleased to hear that :)
      I'm looking forward to seeing holo dots on you too! x

      Delete