Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Orly ~ Rock Solid - with Flormar holo stripe


Orly ~ Rock Solid
Gunmetal grey with shimmer and bits of holo glitter

Rock Solid is from the Mineral FX Collection from autumn 2011. The more polishes I try from this collection, the more I want them all. I didn’t buy this one to begin with, but found it in a blog sale recently, brand new and never used. I am not sure I understand why, but never mind - it’s mine now, all mine muahaha!! :D

The formula is nice. When I applied the first coat it looked as if it was going to take three coats to make it look nice, but two layers did the job. The holo glitters doesn’t “drown” in the grey polish, and that means that it dries up a little bit gritty. I don’t mind at all.

Here’s what it looks like without top coat:



And from a different angle:





Then I decided to pimp it up a bit. I used a holo glitter from Flormar with the number 392, and freehanded a line down the middle of each nail. The Flormar is a really dense glitter, so one thick stripe worked fine. When it had dried, I framed the holo glitter with a dark red stripe on each side. I used a striper from NYX Ink called Deep Red.



I finished off my mani with a layer of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine top coat, and here’s how it ended up looking:




Isn’t that glitter just beautiful?!





Here are the three polishes I used for this mani:




Allow me to be proud of myself for doing this mani without using tape!




Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

18 comments:

  1. I really like how this turned out with the flomar on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design; amazed by how straight the lines are :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was too! I didn't think I would be able to do this without tape! :)

      Delete
  3. Totally rock chick cool! I really like the look :)
    Dark colors are not my thing, on the nails, but with this kind of holo look... Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love rock chick cool! :)
      Black and dark grey can be too dark for me too, but there are always ways to spice them up :D

      Delete
  4. These are so pretty! I just love holos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I don't think I'll ever get tired of them! :)

      Delete
  5. Love it! That Flormar is super blingy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Flormar is definitely a star in my collection :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, I really love the end result! It's just fantastic with the dark gray, silver, and red color combo, and it's super sparkly! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved this myself :) So thank you! :)

      Delete
  7. Absolutely amazing mani! :)

    ReplyDelete