Thursday, April 18, 2013

Nubar ~ Treasure


Nubar ~ Treasure
Violet scattered holographic
  
Let me tell you right away that I love Nubar polishes. I have got several of them, and there’s not one of them that I have a difficult relationship with. Treasure is no exception. 

I used my regular base coat, Treasure doesn’t need the special Aqua base coat to behave. The formula is great, and the polish applies really easily. The picture here shows two coats:


It wasn’t easy to catch the rainbows in the polish, but they are definitely there. It’s like it’s filled with tiny rainbow glitters that pop up as I twist and turn my fingers.



See how pretty it is? Treasure is such a great name for it!


Here’s the obligatory blurry pic, where all the rainbows present themselves. So pretty!


I decided to try one of my new Apipila stamping plates out, namely Apipila 02 (old). I used “Suzi skis in the Pyrenees”, a cheap Chinese copy of an OPI polish as my stamping polish, and I chose a Hello Kitty stamp with hearts.

I sealed it all up with a layer of Poshé top coat, which is my all time favourite top coat!

Here’s the final result:



And another picture, because I really liked how this turned out!


The stamp is actually a half-nail design, but since the design is so big and my nails aren’t very big, it fitted on the entire nail. I love the design so I don’t mind that at all!


Here’s what Nubar writes about Treasure:
Light violet with fine rainbow holographic glitter is filled with holographic glitter reflecting every color of the rainbow, with base colors just as varied, ranging from subtle neutrals to vivid pink to pale blue. Going a step beyond holographic nail lacquers, nubar’s Prism Collection is a celebration of color and light.

The short version of the verdict is “yes”. Treasure is another winner from Nubar. I love the formula, the colour, the effect and the drying time.


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

18 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I have Jewels from this collection and I have yet to wear it :( It's actually the first holo polish I ever owned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about time to try it out then, it's sooo pretty! :)

      Delete
  2. I love Nubar too - and wow, this really is pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nubar is a great brand, I really like their polishes :)

      Delete
  3. This is a very nice polish and Nubars polishes have such a good formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do, I have never been let down by a Nubar :)

      Delete
  4. love it!!
    the nubar polish are always so pretty
    kiss
    http://maggienails90.blogspot.pt/2013/04/200followers-giveaway-internacional.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've really been crushing on Nubar lately too, and this one is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And it's got lots of pretty sisters too :)

      Delete
  6. Very beautiful nail polish! I have never tried Nubar yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo pretty! Love the base color and the cute stamping you added! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought Hello Kitty would be a perfect motif for a polish like this :)

      Delete