Friday, April 26, 2013

Zoya ~ Aurora - with dots



Zoya ~ Aurora
Purple base packed with holographic glitter

Aurora is from Zoya’s holiday 2012 Ornate Collection, and is the prettiest one from that group in my opinion.

I really like Zoya’s polishes. The formula is great, and Aurora is opaque in two easy coats. Drying time is good and the holo effect is nicely visible, even in low lights.

Here’s a picture of two coats, no top coat. The picture is taken in my lightbox:



I was lucky to see the sun; I just made it before it went behind a cloud. This picture is taken in sunny conditions, but not in direct sunlight:


Then I made dots on it. I started out with making a bunch of black dots on one half of my nails. I used Essence “Black is Back” for that step. After that I made white dots. I made sure that the white dots covered most of the black dots. I used Models Own “Snow White” for that step.

I sealed it all up with Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine top coat. Apparently I was too fast – I don’t think the white polish was quite dry enough. The top coat pulled a bit on my design, O my lord how I hate it when that happens!

This first pic is taken in my light box. The camera freaked out colourwise for some reason I don’t quite understand:


And here’s an outdoor pic – again not in direct sunlight, but close:


Here are the three polishes, I used:


 love dotticures! They’re easy to make and usually look fantastic with little effort only. I like that fact.

What about you? Have you made any nice dotticures recently?

Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

12 comments: