Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pretty & Polished ~ Sand Art



Pretty & Polished ~ Sand Art  
Clear base packed with matte blue, green, pink and purple glitter


I have had this Pretty & Polished glitter in my stash for a while, trying to figure out some clever mani to use it for. I decided to go for something familiar: A glitter gradient.

The underwear for this gradient is Sally Hansen “Calypso Blue”, a pretty, shimmery turquoise, which is opaque in two easy coats. Drying time is average on this one. Here’s first a picture taken in my light box: Two coats, no top coat:



The light is flat, and even though it’s obvious that the polish has a really nice shine, it doesn’t at all show what potential this baby has got. Let me show you what it looks like in the sunshine instead: 


See that polish come to life? I love it!

I wish I had been more creative with my Sand Art, but my mind went blank. I sponged the glitter onto the tips of three fingers, and reversed it on the last two fingers.

The glitter dries up really gritty. I applied two layers of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine topcoat, but that didn’t make any difference when it comes to grittiness. Fortunately I don’t mind so much about that.

Picture taken in the light box:


Picture taken in the sun:


If you look at the thumb, you can really see the depth of the shimmer.

Here are the two polishes in crime:


I’m pleased with this, even though it’s not my most creative mani. But they can’t all be equally creative, can they? I need to make up a challenge soon, to get my creativity running again!

Tell me what you would have done with this polish, please! :)

Opacity: -/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 6/10
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. wow! great multicolored glitter, looks very pretty on this pleasant blue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to take a break from blue soon - I can see I'm almost wearing it just as much as purple now :D

      Delete
  2. Sandart is so pretty on the SH- great mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm pleased to hear that :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, colourful sand! That's so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to receive it in a swap, even though it took me a while to actually use it :) Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. I love my sand art!! I have used it over black, write, gray, blue and yellow so far :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey, you say?! Hmm... that sounds as something I'd give a go too! :)

      Delete
  5. You have some fantastic blues in your collection! :D Love the final look with the glitter!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And yes, I think I have way too many blues in my collection :D

      Delete
  6. They made a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think they go really well together :)

      Delete