Monday, April 8, 2013

Sally Hansen ~ Red Velvet, with dots


Sally Hansen ~ Red Velvet  
Bright red with microglitter

Here’s a red I couldn’t leave alone last time I visited my local drugstore. It’s bright red with microglitter, and I knew I had to have it.

Application was easy because the formula is really good. The brush is wide, just how I like it, and the coverage is good. It took two easy coats to make me satisfied, and the drying time between coats was good too!

Here’s a pic of two coats and no top coat, taken in my light box:


The lightbox makes the polish look flat, but it isn’t in real life. Let me show you what I’m talking about. Here’s a picture of the same mani, but under a light bulb:


Can you see how the light makes the polish glow? It’s really pretty in real life!

I think such a red calls for black and white, and I was in the mood for a dotticure. I used a white crème from Models Own, “Snow White”, and a black crème from Essence, “Black is Back”. I made the white dots first and then the black ones.

I sealed the whole thing up with Catrice Quick Dry and High Shine top coat. Which pulled on the design, dagnabbit!! Grrr!

Light box pic:


Direct light bulb pic:


And the polishes I used:


I love dotticures like this one. What about you?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: No

18 comments:

  1. Wow this looks stunning :) Love the dotticure too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I was very pleased with this myself :)

      Delete
  2. That is one juicy red, very beautiful - and I love the dotticure too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, I'm really glad to hear that :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think it did turn out nicely, and am glad you think so too :)

      Delete
  4. what a beautiful red! :) i love the dots

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice and simple dotticure, I like the matching colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, black and white together is a really nice combo :)

      Delete
  6. That red is gorgeous! And I love the black/white dotticure you added on top... very cute! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm pleased to hear that :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful red and a cute design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can never go wrong with dots, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome! I love those dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll try this again with other colours :)

      Delete