Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Manglaze ~ Fatty’s got more blood


Manglaze  ~ Fatty’s got more blood
Blood red matte polish

Fatty’s got more blood has been on my wish list for a while now, and I was eager to see if it would live up to my high expectations!

I love the look of Manglaze’s polishes. Their labels are so cool and I really like the most of the names they come up with.

The formula of Fatty’s got more blood is good. The polish applies really easy and it’s opaque in one single coat. I applied two anyway, mostly for the camera. Drying time is fantastic, and it’s almost like magic to sit and watch it dry, since it goes from all shiny to completely matte over a very short period of time. It would be fun to try and make a video of it!

Anyway – Here’s Fatty in all its glory:


One more from a different angle:




Please do notice the morbid label of the bottle. It’s so cool!


And there’s a little extra gift in the package: A guitar plectrum! Totally awesome!!


Here’s what Manglaze write about Fatty’s got more blood:
Named after a very rare Buttsteak album that you'll likely never find or have the pleasure of being offended by. This fat matte red is wrapped in a scene by artist Joe Simko that depicts two sexy vamps taking down the slowest of the herd.

I wanted to see this polish shiny as well, and with a bit of nail art on it. So I taped my nails diagonally across and added a layer of Dare to Wear’s “40 days in Rio” from their Carnival collection.

On this pic I added a layer of top coat on my little finger and my ring finger, to show you the difference it makes on this matte polish!


Here’s the final mani, with top coat on all the nails.


One last shot, that’s how much I like it.


You can see on this shot, that the polish contains quite a lot of shimmer. I like that in a matte.

Have you got any Manglazes? Or are there any of them on your wish list?


Opacity: 10/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes

18 comments:

  1. I love the glitter you added, but it's beautiful without too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I wanted to see if matte and glitter can go hand in hand, and I think they can :)

      Delete
  2. Like the namne but I'm not to sure about the polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name - and prefer the polish with topcoat because of the shine :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm i must admit that dark matte polish, is a no for me. It looks great on you :)
    But (sorry) it look a little to grunge for my taste. But with the topcoat and added glitter i really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have to be sorry - I think it's cool that we like different polishes! I did like it more with the topcoat too, because I love to see the shimmer pop! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice nail polish I really like how it looks when you added the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I really liked the glitter on it too :)

      Delete
  5. It's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm on the fence about this polish. I like it but I wish it was a tad ore red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean. It is verging on brown! :)

      Delete
  7. It does look a bit like blood lol. I really like the end result... the glitter is cute! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love a good glitter to spice manis up :)

      Delete
  8. I love the matte finish. SO smooth. And well done with the combo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like the contrast between these two polishes :)

      Delete