Saturday, April 13, 2013

Milani ~ Purple Gleam - in pyjamas



Milani ~ Purple Gleam
Blackened base packed with purple glitter

I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of glitter; at least I hope I won’t. So. Let me show you my latest glittery mani!

Milani’s Purple Gleam is another polish that promises that it’s a one coat glitter. It’s true that it gets opaque after one single coat, but if you want this baby to really shine and show its depth, then you should go for two coats. That’s what I did. The formula is good and the glitter spreads out evenly and easily. The drying time is pretty average, which, OK,  I’m satisfied with.

I applied a coat of Catrice Quick Dry & High Shine topcoat to make the glitter come to life. Here’s what that looks like:


On this picture it shows that this glitter has a blackened base to float around in:


I love this glitter, even though it’s pretty top coat thirsty:


Then I made stripes on it. I used a striping polish from L. A. Colors, namely Art Deco “Quirky Turquoise”. It’s a lovely green polish – I may be colour blind, but I can’t see this as turquoise.

Anyway, I made my stripes, added another layer of top coat, and my mani was done:


I’d like pyjamas in these colours! :D


It’s as if the glitter also brings the green to life!  


Here are the two sisters in crime:


I like this, but I must say that the glitter is very hungry for top coat. Next time it may be a good idea to use some kind of glitter tamer first, or an older topcoat that has gone thicker in the consistency. Two coats of Catrice top coat wasn’t enough, it could easily have eaten another coat or two! :D

 
Oh, by the way, and just for the record: I bought this polish from an online store, so I was very surprised and somewhat disappointed to see that it had been opened and used before. The top of the bottle had dried polish smeared all over the place and in the screwthread, so this is definitely not a new, unopened bottle. It surprised me a lot, since I’ve never experienced that before. I mean, one thing is to buy polish from other girls that’s been carelessly tested or swatched, but you do expect to get a new, unopened bottle when you shop in an online store, don’t you? I haven’t bothered with contacting the company. First of all it’s a relatively cheap polish, and second of all, I didn’t buy it just recently. It’s been sitting in my stash of untrieds for a little bit. So never mind – I just thought I’d mention it. Has this happened to anyone else?


Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. I love those glitters even though they are top coat hungry :P And I have never had that problem before when ordering online :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just bought a bottle of Gelous in a blog sale, I've been wanting to try it out for so long now. Now I just wait for it to arrive (it isn't sent until Thursday, so...) :)

      Delete
  2. This has happened before - and it's not the shop that had opened it, it happens in the airplane, sometimes they unscrew themselves just enough to let out polish.
    Pretty mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, so the polish got air sick, poor thing! :/
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous and I love the striped mani you did. I don't think that it's possible to get sick of glitters :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope that you're right! I never ever want to be tired of my glitter polishes! :D

      Delete
  4. Cute striped mani! It sucks that your polish has been used before. :(

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cleaned up the bottle and am okay with it, I just thought it was weird :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous glitter! Looks cool with stripes too :)

    ReplyDelete