Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stamping plate and Hello Kitty box from Born Pretty Store




Today I used this plate for my mani:





The plate is protected by a blue plastic film, which must be removed before stamping. The funny thing is that there's also a layer of film on the backside of the plate. I didn't remove that.  

I prepped my nails with two coats of Maybelline ColoRama 171A, which is grey with silver shimmer. It's probably the prettiest grey I've ever seen, and I got it from my friend, sweet Anastasia from Little World of Coloured Nails.

I stamped with a no name black creme, and I used two different cat designs. The big cat face on my thumb and a cat silhouette like stamp on my ring finger. 


The stamp came out crisp and clear,  exactly how I wanted it to. 
I just used a black striper for two of my nails, and the black glitter is Uninhibited from L. A. Girl Glitter Addict. There's a layer of Poshé top coat to seal it all up. 


Verdict: 
The edges on the plate are a little bit sharp, so be careful so you don't cut yourself. 
I love that there are 12 motifs on one plate, and all the cat designs are adorable. 
I can definitely recommend this plate. The price is $2.99 - minus 10 % off if you use the code JCJ61 when you check out! And there's free shipping too!


The other thing in today's post is this cute Hello Kitty box:


 It's a cotton bud/cotton pad dispenser, and I was surprised to see that it was already full when I got it. I expected to just receive an empty box.


It's a handy box for a nail polish addict for sure!
The box comes right open when you pull on the lid which is great because then there's less risk of denting the fresh mani!


Verdict: 
It's a nice little box, and I adore the Hello Kitty motif on the lid, which is why I chose it in the first place. I can definitely recommend it, if you're just as much into Hello Kitty stuff as I am.




18 comments:

  1. Fantastic mani and love the hello kitty box it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, as you know I always paint my own nail art, but that cat is so darn cute - and the box is so sweet - great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like stamping because then I can make something that looks nice on my nails too. Not as nice as your hand painted art of course, but still decent looking :)

      Delete
  3. I like that plate. Need to try some stuff from Born Pretty Store soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delivery time can be a bit long - up to a month - but if you can live with that, you should definitely try them out :)

      Delete
  4. very pretty cat motifs! I like this stamping plate too :) and this grey polish looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The grey actually looks way greater on the nails than it does in the bottle. I love it!

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh, that hello kitty box is just so adorable! I must have it lol! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cat face image is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll become one of my favourite stamps! :)

      Delete
  7. That is such a cute little box. I think I need one now lol. And the fact that it is hello kitty is even better! The stamping plate is pretty sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would have chosen the box if it wasn't Hello Kitty, so I totally understand what you're talking about :D

      Delete
  8. Cute box! And I like the manicue you did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I showed it to a colleague who is a great cat lover and she almost swooned :D

      Delete