Sunday, April 21, 2013

OPI Liquid Sand ~ The Impossible


OPI Liquid Sand ~ The Impossible
Reddish base with glitters and stars

Here’s  the other one of my liquid sands from OPI’s Mariah Carey collection.

The polish applies easily, and I used two thin coats for to make it opaque. Drying time was on the slow side, just like the other liquid sand was. But hell, I managed :) I wanted the full effect of the liquid sand, so I didn’t apply any topcoat.

So here it is:


The stars are shy! I decided not to fish for them, but to just see how many I would get without making an effort. The answer is three. One on each of my ring fingers, and one on my left thumb. Not impressive!


There’s something about the tone of colour that doesn’t appeal to me and doesn’t quite suits my skin tone. The polish is red-ish/pink-ish, but the undertone has a coral note that I do not like.


I wore the polish like this for a day before I changed it to something else. And if I decide to keep this and use it again (not guaranteed), then I’m definitely going to add some nail art to cover up a bit of the coral colour.

Do you like the liquid sand polishes and have you jumped that bandwagon yet?


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 3/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 6/10
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I am more and more happy I didn't buy any, slow drying makes me annoyed LOL
    But the colors are pretty...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow drying time annoys the f*ck out of me too. But I have yet to try the two prettiest of the bunch: The purple and the blue! :)

      Delete
  2. I turned mine upside down before I painted and got more stars out that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall remember that next time I'm using it, thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Hmm well i kind of like the Zoya textures. But these by Opi... No they are not my faves. I have one (purple) and it's still not tried...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also got the purple in my stash of untrieds. Soon though, I need to try it - 'cause I definitely like that colour better :)

      Delete
  4. I think it looks pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to fish for the stars in this one too. I think it's very cute on you, even though you don't like it yourself. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Favorite liquid sand so far is still from Zoya.
    This doesn't look that bad on you, but I can see what you mean. Sucks that the stars didn't come out to play more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two liquid sands from Zoya, but haven't tried them yet. So many polishes, so few finger nails! :D

      Delete